The Verein demokratischer Pharmazeutinnen und Pharmazeuten (VdPP, translation: association of democratic pharmacists) is an association of about 120 pharmacists who advocate for patient centered pharmaceutical care. We participate in health politics debates and try to shape medicine policies in order to achieve the following goals:
- patient centered pharmaceutical care, including evidence based pharmacy;
- democratic decision making and structures in the health system;
- interdisciplinary collaboration of health workers;
- strengthening of health system consumer protection and patient involvement;
- access to medicines for all people worldwide;
- limitation of market power and lobby of the pharmaceutical industry.